(this page was last updated in August 2022)
Guarujá, Brazil, 1997
Lives and works in Anápolis, Brazil
Represented by Aura Galeria
PIPA Prize 2022 nominee
Talles Lopes is an artist and architect who graduated from the State University of Goiás (UEG). He lives and works in Anápolis, a city in the interior of the state of Goiás, located between the planned cities of Goiânia and Brasília. Based on a revision of archives, atlases, architectural projects and exhibition catalogues, the artist has been investigating the landscape built on the periphery of modern thinking in Brazil, as well as the suspicious relationship between the imagination of modernity and colonial structures.
He participated in shows such as the XII Bienal Internacional de Arquitetura de São Paulo at CCSP – Centro Cultural São Paulo (2019), the “to-and-fro” (Vaivém) exhibition in the Bank of Brazil Cultural Center, and the 7th edition of EDP nas Artes (2020) at Instituto Tomie Ohtake. More recently, he was a resident artist at the El Despacho studio in Tenerife (2021) and the Delfina Foundation in London (2022).
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2022:
PÍLULA EDP NAS ARTES: Talles Lopes, 2020. Duration: 2’32”
- Brazilian artists participate in "Concretos": a group show that investigates the political aspects of cement
- "Concretos": group show in Tenerife featuring Brazilian artists
- Discover new pages and video interviews of PIPA 2022 participating artists
- Check out the list of PIPA 2022's participating artists!
- Meet the 66 nominees of PIPA Prize 2022