(this page was last updated in July 2020)
Salvador, Brazil, 1993.
Lives and works in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
PIPA Prize 2020 nominee.
Daughter of the mysterious bowels of mother Bahia, Ventura Profana prophesies multiplication and abundance in black, indigenous and travesty life. Doctrined in Baptist temples, she is a missionary pastor, singer, writer, composer and visual artist, which practice is rooted in the research of the implications and methodologies of evangelization in Brazil and beyond, through the spread of neo-pentecostal churches.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes, exclusively for PIPA Prize 2020:
“Como imaginar formas de ver e conceber o mundo ainda não disponíveis historicamente para nós? (Valongo Festival)”, 2020. Duration: 74″
“RESPLANDESCENTE”, 2019. Duration: 5’13”
“Setor Performance – SP Arte”, 2018. Duration: 9’43”
“KUceta [póspornografias] EDI. II + DASPU”, 2018. Duration: 10’42”
“teatro de sanidades: criando costumes”, 2018. Duration: 46’40”
“Profecia de vida”, 2016. Duration: 4’3″
“O REINO É DAS BICHAS”, 2017. Duration: 3’35”
In the last few years she has carried out actions and has had works exhibited in spaces such as Werkstatt Der Kulturen Berlin (Germany), Sesc Pompéia (SP), Pampulha Art Museum (MG), Valongo Festival (SP), SP Arte, Capacete (RJ) ), Despina (RJ), Segunda Preta (MG), Espanca Theater (MG), Hélio Oiticica Municipal Art Center (RJ), São Paulo Cultural Center (SP), Francisco Nunes Theater (MG), National Museum of the Republic (DF) ), Dragão do Mar – Museum of Contemporary Art of Ceará (CE), and CAL – House of Culture of Latin America (DF). She published “A cor de Catu”, her debut book, released at Sesc Palladium (Belo Horizonte) and participates in the Anthology Young Afro, published by Quilombhoje Literatura. Her poem”Prepara Nem – Is this our last chance?” was activated on the educational program of the Bienal de São Paulo in 2018. She performed at La Mutinerie (Paris, France), Festival Valongo (SP), SP on Rua and Virada Cultural de São Paulo, Mamba Negra (SP), Galla On Fire (MG), 22nd LGBT Parade in Belo Horizonte (MG), MasterPlano (MG) and Circo Voador (RJ). Cântico dos Cânticos, a performance developed with the music producer Podeserdesligado, was awarded in the Best Performance category at the Black Performing Arts Award Leda Maria Martins, in 2019. Her work has been a substrate for research work at UFRJ, PUC-Rio and UFPE, among others.
– “Arrebatrá, council for travestis of faith”, curatorship, Centro Municipal de Arte Hélio de Oiticica, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– Resident at Programa de Acompanhamento Artístico do Valongo Festival, Santos, Brazil
– “Studies about Praise and Worship” at 2nd Mostra do Avesso at São Paulo Cultural Center, São Paulo, Brazil
– “Preaching: the time of anointing for restitution (gospel for whom?)” no Akilombô – Permanent Forum of Black Arts, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
– Invited at the BH Poetry Wheel at the International Literary Festival, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
– Resident at Programa Bolsa Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
– “THE DEATH OF THE PILOT PLAN”, exhibition of TERRA, collective which the artist is a member – composed of the homonymous installation and the device “MONUMENTO AO HOMEM BRANCO”, with a public program held between February and April, CAL – House of Culture of Latin America, Brasilia, Brazil
– “Trans* Film Festival Berlin: TransFormations”, screening of the film “AQ das Bixas”, in which she was a co-producer and performer, Werkstatt Der Kulturen Berlin, Berlin, Germany
– “Arte-Veículo”, exhibition, curated by Ana Maria Maia, action by the Teatro de Sanidadesin the context of the public program of the exhibition, Sesc Pompéia, São Paulo, Brazil
– “Textão”, exhibition, a proposal of the platforms Explode!, Lanchonete.org and Lastro – screening of the video “O Reino é das Bichas”,outspreed of the homonymous performance made in partnership with Jhonatta Vicente, Museu of Diversity, São Paulo, Brazil
– “Segunda Preta”, exhibition, performance “O Reino é das Bichas” held in partnership with Jhonatta Vicente, Teatro Espanca!, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
– “Noite Estranha”, Act-intervention, idealized by Gabe Passareli, Marta Supernova, Clarissa Ribeiro and Lorran Dias, in dialogue with the life, work and poetics of Matheusa Passareli, performance “Edification”, performed in partnership with Rainha Favelada and Frozen 2000, Despina, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– Performance Room of SP Arte, “O Reino é das Bichas” held in partnership with Jhonatta Vicente, São Paulo, Brazil
– “FúriA DissidentE”, occupation, proposal by Bruna Kury, untitled performance in partnership with Bruna Kury, Capacete, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– “The bodies are the works”, exhibition, curated by Guilherme Altmayer and Pablo León de la Barra, performance “O Reino é das Bichas”, held in partnership with Jhonatta Vicente, Despina, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– “Não Matarás”, exhibition, curated by Wagner Barja, the exhibition of the installation “MORRO”, from TERRA, collective of which the artist is a member, National Museum of the Republic, Brasília, Brazil
– Resident Artist at Museu do Sexo residency, carried out by the Minas Gerais Prostitutes Association, APROSMIG, Guaicurus Street, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
– 67th April Saloon of Fortaleza, curated by Clarissa Diniz, Daniel Rangel and Pablo Assumpção, installation of the riot-proposal “MONUMENTO AO HOMEM BRANCO”, da TERRA, collective in which the artist is a member, Museum of Contemporary Art of Ceará, Dragão do Mar, Fortaleza, Brazil